Evans Foodservice acquires meat distributor

Evans Foodservice Inc has acquired Otto W Liebold & Co Inc, the Flint MI-based wholesale and specialty meats distributor.

Founded in 1925, Evans moved from its original Linden MI headquarters to Swartz Creek MI in 1986. Since then, the distributor's warehouse capabilities have been increased to 62,000 square feet of dry, frozen, and refrigerated storage space.

Based in Flint since 1968, Otto W Liebold & Co handles fresh beef, pork, veal, lamb, and wild game. It will expand production of its own brands of sausage, bratwurst, and spiral sliced hams. Dennis Liebold will remain vice-president of the new operation.

Hide comments

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish