Carrier Logistics says it recently strengthened its security systems through upgrades and new partnerships in response to continued cybersecurity breaches within the industry.
The latest step in the process involved Carrier, providers of freight management software for less-than-truckload (LTL) fleets, selecting Integrated Systems Corporation (ISCorp) to provide a private, secure cloud-hosting option for customers, along with several other cybersecurity upgrades, according to the company.
“We take the security of our customer’s data very seriously, so we have put in place a strong foundation of protection measures,” said Ben Wiesen, president of Carrier Logistics. “Our partnership with ISCorp adds another line of defense as they deliver turnkey, robust and secure private cloud hosting that (Carrier) customers can rely on to protect their businesses.
“In addition, we have strengthened the security of our platform with several other measures.”
Carrier’s freight management software now is protected by the use of only SOC2-certified private domestic US hosting facilities to house customer data, as well as multiple layers of security, including intrusion prevention and distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection, the company said. In addition, Carrier also utilizes many other security protocols, including 24/7 automated and proactive server monitoring to look for system changes and possible intrusions, redundant backups at separate hosting facilities, and regular operating system patches and updates to ensure the latest security safeguards always are in place.
The keystone to this augmented security initiative is the partnership with the fully managed and monitored ISCorp private secure cloud solution, Carrier Logistics maintained. This option for customers provides acquisition, provisioning and ongoing support, and includes:
- Hardened datacenter facilities—Geographically dispersed, Tier III data centers with built-in redundancy
- Updated operating systems—OS patching and updating to maintain the latest security standards
- Robust security—Anti-virus, proactive ransomware protection via aggressive security standards and industry-leading backup and DR systems, network intrusion detection, DDoS and vulnerability scans w/CISSP review
- Reliable connectivity—Firewall management, multiple internet connections and proactive network optimization to ensure maximum uptime
- Managed compliance standards—SSAE18 with annual SOC 1 Type 2, SOC 2 Type 2 audits
- Managed backups—Data backup services across two geographically diverse locations
- Managed disaster recovery—True second-site failover
- High availability standards—99.9% facilities uptime
- Database support—Support by ISCorp DBAs
- Dedicated ISCorp product managers and technical leads
Visit carrierlogistics.com for more information.