CH Robinson recently held its second annual Carrier of the Year Awards program, recognizing its most outstanding North American truckload contract carriers for 2018.
The awards program recognizes truckload carriers that “go above and beyond” by displaying the highest level of service, embracing technology and establishing quality relationships with CH Robinson, the company said.
The program expanded this year to include 12 contract carriers in 10 categories.
“We are fortunate to have the largest carrier network in North America, and appreciate the work every one of our 76,000 contract carriers does for our customers,” said Mac Pinkerton, president of North America surface transportation for CH Robinson.
“The contract carriers recognized for the 2018 awards are the very best examples of the reliable, high-quality carriers that make up our network. We value the strong relationships that we have established and want to reward those exceptional carriers that go above and beyond to allow our organizations to grow together.”
The CH Robinson 2018 Contract Carrier of the Year Award winners include:
- Truck owner/operator: Jose Sanchez, Maywood CA
- Truck owner/operator: StanTranz, Walkertown NC
- 2-10 trucks: Avalon National, Cassadaga NY
- 2-10 trucks: Jeffrey D Leyk, Burtrum MN
- 11-50 trucks: Jack Rust, Rogersville MO
- 51-100 trucks: Pope Trucking, Pearson GA
- 101-299 trucks: A.N. Webber, Chebanse IL
- 300-999 trucks: Nussbaum Transportation, Hudson IL
- 1,000+ trucks: Covenant Transport, Chattanooga TN
- Flatbed: Cheetah Transportation Systems, Houston TX
- Temperature Controlled: Orbitz Trans, Riverside CA
- Rookie of the Year: DJP Trucking, Trevor WI
“These contract carriers provide incredible value through their dedication to efficient business practices and the strong relationships they have built with our team. They are critical to our business,” said Bruce Johnson, vice president of capacity.
“We want to celebrate the accomplishments of those contract carriers that allow us to provide reliable, high-quality capacity to serve our diverse customer base.”
The 2018 Carrier of the Year awards program featured three new categories, including Flatbed carriers, Temperature Controlled carriers and a Rookie of the Year carrier, which recognizes a contract carrier that worked with CH Robinson for the first time in 2018.
All of the winners are key carriers in CH Robinson’s Carrier Advantage Program and were nominated by their carrier representatives. The CH Robinson Carrier Advantage Program supports 76,000 contract carriers that make up the largest network in North America.