CR England recently recognized 10 drivers as Drivers of the Year and one driver as Trainer of the Year for 2018.
These drivers were selected from the more than 6,500 drivers in the CR England fleet, the company said, including dedicated, national, regional and intermodal.
“We are honored to recognize 11 of our top professional drivers in the CR England fleet,” said Chad England, CR England CEO. “Each of these drivers has shown by their example what it requires to be successful in our industry, including a commitment to on-time performance, professionalism and safety. These drivers are a great asset to our company and are truly the best of the best, representing the thousands of dedicated CR England drivers who are also committed to the same values.”
In order to be considered for these awards, drivers must meet the following requirements, CR England said:
- A minimum tenure with CR England of 12 months.
- Demonstrate competency in safety, service, fuel efficiency and production.
- No accidents
- No traffic citations
- No CSA violations
Drivers were nominated by their fleet managers, who also considered professionalism, attitude and other strengths that set these honorees apart from other outstanding drivers in the fleet.
Drivers of the Year
- Jody Asbury has been driving with CR England for six years and serves as a driver trainer in national division Fleet X7. She resides in Garden Grove CA.
- Scott Braden is a national driver in Fleet A2 and has been with CR England for five years, serving as a trainer for the last four years. Braden is a United States Navy veteran and resides in Bellflower CA.
- Amanda Bannister is in Fleet B6 in the national division and also is a Road Team Captain. She has been driving for CR England for five years and resides in Kansas City MO.
- Gary Hoffman has been driving for CR England for nine years and is in regional Fleet R6. He lives outside of Sacramento in Woodland CA.
- Angus McNutt started with CR England in 1993, but his current tenure is eight years, driving in intermodal Fleet I8. He is from Franklin MA and is a veteran of the US Army.
- Edgar Corrales is in the intermodal division in Fleet IE. He’s been driving for CR England for nine years. Corrales is from New York City and lives in New Jersey.
- Joshua Caldwell has been with CR England for three years and is currently in dedicated Fleet KZ. He resides in Fayetteville NC and is a veteran of the Navy.
- Gary Goggans has been with CR England for two years and currently is part of the John Morrell Texas dedicated fleet. He lives in Decatur TX.
- Davene Bryant has been driving for CR England almost five years and is part of the 99 Ranch dedicated account. She lives in Turlock CA.
- Larry Chavez drives in fleet MK for the JC Penney account and has been a CR England driver a little more than three years. He was born in Mexico, migrated to the US and makes his home in Grand Junction CO.
Trainer of the Year
- Tony Stroup has been with CR England for two years and has been a trainer the entire time. He is a veteran of the Army and makes his home in Hayes KS.