Refrigerated Container Repair and Maintenance Needed
Repair and maintenance of our fleet of refrigerated storage containers.
This position reports to the Director of Refrigeration Operations. Work involves the application of trade skills to inspect, troubleshoot, maintain and repair marine type and commercial type refrigeration equipment. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge of refrigeration systems, and a good understanding of mechanical and electrical diagrams. Duties will initially take place at our facility under the instruction and supervision of our experienced mechanic. Once qualified, outside road service, using the company’s fully equipped service van will be added to the job requirements.
• Inspect and test incoming and outgoing refrigeration equipment to confirm that it is in good condition based on company guidelines.
• Overhaul and service refrigeration by repairing or replacing worn or broken parts, compressors, motors, valves, refrigerant lines, drainage lines, solenoids, and electrical systems, including micro processor, digital display, transformers, contactors and all components of the control system.
• Check for refrigerant leaks, evacuate and charge systems as required.
• Clean coils and attend to the overall appearance of the equipment.
• Maintain parts inventory and replenishing supplies.
• Responding to emergency service calls during off hours will occasionally be required.
• Accident prevention – correct and/or report any unsafe working conditions before they result in an accident
• Identify and implement efficiency improvements, cost reductions and profitability improvement initiatives.
• Lifting production objects of up to 50lbs.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
Why work for Sea Box?
• Competitive salary
• 401k employer match, paid vacation, holidays and employee birthday
• Medical/Dental insurance
• Quarterly safety incentive bonus when goals are met
• Strong company growth with emphasis on employee advancement
• Long list of unusual benefits, including birthday breakfast with CEO, turkey for Thanksgiving and many others.
High school diploma and at least one year of formal training in refrigeration at a certified vocational school.
Universal EPA Certification – Section 608
Familiar with using refrigerant gauges and electrical and multi meters.
Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
Good verbal and written communication skills and a professional approach to working.
Valid driver’s license.
Upbeat personality and able to interact with customers, suppliers and fellow workers.
This position requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the service and repair of either commercial or transport refrigeration equipment.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO HIRING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Joel Alcantara | Human Resource Assistant
1 Sea Box Drive, East Riverton, NJ 08077-2004 USA
phone: 856-303-1101 ext. 4515