While volume in secondary commercial truck markets dropped in January for both the resale and auction channels, the Fair Market Value (FMV) and Forced Liquidation Value (FLV) slipped less than 1%, according to the latest Price Digests Commercial Truck Report. The average age increased on both channels as average usage went down.
In other market highlights, the report notes:
- The volume in January in comparison to last year was down significantly for the resale channel, but up on auction as the channel of choice shifted.
- Average age on the resale channel dropped in comparison to last year, but was up significantly for the auction channel with opposite changes in usage.
- The year over year FMV drop was likely due to the number of older models available.
- The report forecasts February to bring increases in auction volume causing FLV changes slightly higher than other months.
The Price Digests Commercial Truck Report is a monthly analysis of key market performance indicators covering heavy and medium-duty commercial truck market insights for insurance, finance, fleet management, valuation, and property tax professionals.
An analysis of resale and auction commercial truck markets:
- FMV and FLV Trends
- Market Forecasting
- Top Brand Trends (Freightliner, Kenworth, Volvo and more)
- Market Volume
- Market Insights
Click here to receive the latest edition of this $599 report free of charge.